Scrapbook Printables: Everything You Need To Know!
Tools For Working With Scrapbook Printables
• Cardstock or photo paper
• Paper trimmer
• Circle templates and French curves
• Craft cutting knives
• Embossing tools
• Electronic cutting machines
Wait! Once You Have Your Printables Ready, Then You'll Need To Know How To Start Working On Your Scrapbook Page....Let Me Show You...
Where To Source Scrapbook Printables
Any printable resource can be adapted into a scrapbook printable with a little imagination.
You will need to ensure that the resolution of the printable scrapbook decorations are appropriate for your project and that you are able to use the file format that the printable is provided in.
Designers and lots of craft bloggers offer free printables, using a google image search or searching on Pinterest will bring up 1000s of options, here are a few.
There are a number of sites that offer free images and design resources, almost all of these items can be used as printable scrapbook cutouts.
Digital Scrapbooking designers and communities create graphics exclusively for scrapbooking and provide both freebies and items for purchase that you can download and print.
Fonts and dingbats can be printed to any size you like. Create custom alphas from your favorite font, or make a giant sized initial to frame your focal image.
Use your cutter to cut out the printable scrapbook decorations for you or use the same files and print them first then cut them yourself using your preferred method.
What To Do With Scrapbook Printables
Before printing out your scrapbooking printables, you may want to think about some of the following to turn your scrapbook printable into the perfect page embellishments
for your project
• resizing it (super sizing and shrinking can change the impact and design use of your chosen printable scrapbook decoration)
• changing the color
• adding shadows or strokes around the image
After printing out your scrapbook printable cutouts, here are a few things you can do with them (before they get to your layout)
• use color wash over the entire image to give it a different hue or to 'age' it
• distress it
• emboss it
• chalk or ink the edges
• stencil shapes around the print out and cut out along the stencilled shape
• tear-out the printable scrapbook decoration instead of using scissors
• transfer the printable scrapbook cutout to another material (like timber, clay or fabric) using a transfer method
Lastly, don't forget the most important scrapbook printables of them all, your beautiful photographs!